“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified by data such as his or her name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or by one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.
1. WHAT USER DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect various types of User Data about you from your voluntary submission of Personal Data on our Website and through cookies including:
- your name
- contact data such as your e-mail address;
- usage data (e.g., date and time of access of our Website and date and time of certain actions performed on the Website);
2. THE WAY WE COLLECT USER DATA ABOUT YOU
Users can subscribe to newsletters or other communications on our Website. You may unsubscribe from these notifications at anytime by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email communication that was sent to you or emailing us directly at email@example.com.
You may use the settings within your browser to control cookies or prevent accepting some or all cookies. To find out more useful information on how to block cookies using different browsers, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You can block or delete all or some cookies. However, blocking or deleting cookies may limit your use of full advantages of the Website.
3. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We treat users the same regardless of their do not track request. That is, we disregard any do not track requests by your browser, operating system or solution, and we do not respond to any do not track requests.
4. PURPOSES FOR USING USER PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU
The User Personal Data collected from you will be used for the purposes of:
- creating mailing lists and sending email communication to market our products;
- research and development purposes (analysis in order to better understand your needs and to better understand our business)
- improve and personalize your experience;
- archiving and record keeping; and
- any other purposes imposed by law and authorities.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR USING USER PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU
We will not use your User Personal Data if we do not have a proper justification foreseen in the law for that purpose. Therefore, we may process your User Personal Data if we have at least one of the following:
- consent (where you or your legal guardian have consented to our use of your User Personal Data);
- contract performance (where your information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party);
- legal obligations (where we need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations);
- legitimate interests (where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights); and
- legal claims (where your information is necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party).
If we learn that your Personal Data was wrongly collected by the Solution, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR USER PERSONAL DATA WITH
6.1 General provisions
- our personnel;
- our service providers that provide services to us in the context of the Solution;
- our IT systems providers, cloud service providers, database providers and consultants;
- any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations to in the context of a sale or transfer of any part of our business or assets;
- our advisors and external lawyers in the context of the sale or transfer of any part of our business or its assets or if so requested to provide specific advice; and
- any national and/or international regulatory, enforcement, public body or court, where we are required to provide access by applicable law or regulation.
The above third parties are contractually or lawfully obliged to protect the confidentiality and security of your User Personal Data, in compliance with applicable law.
7. DATA SECURITY
Data collected through the website is stored on servers of reputable providers including Monday.com and Mailchimp (see Section8). Our personnel retain access to your Personal Data for IT, marketing and customer support purposes.
8. THIRD PARTIES
We use various third-party service providers to provide optimal Website functionality to you and our business operations. These third-party technology service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. Not all of these third parties touch your Personal Data in every situation. While we take care in choosing our service providers with our users in mind, we cannot be responsible for the actions of these third parties except to the extent required by law. Below are some examples with links to their privacy policies.
We use third party website visitor tracking services such as Google Analytics, that collect, monitor and analyze the demographic information of the users visiting our Website in order to increase our Website’s functionality, appeal to prospective customers and measure the effectiveness of our online advertising.
- We use Google Analytics to track, analyze, monitor and report on the Website traffic. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. Any information regarding opting out of Google Analytics tracking can be consulted at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As noted above, we compile Website usage statistics from data collected through cookies. We may publish those statistics or share them with third-party technology service providers, but they do not include Personal Data.
We are not responsible for the conduct of Monday.com, Mailchimp, Webflow or any other third parties we may use. As noted above, their respective terms of service and privacy policies can be found on their websites.
9. STORAGE PERIOD OF YOUR USER PERSONAL DATA
Your User Personal Data will be stored as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
What this means in practice will vary depending on the types of data. When we consider the retention duration, we consider any continued need to process the data, together with our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations. For User Personal Data that is related to an agreement that you or your Subscriber has executed with us, the retention period is the duration of that agreement, plus the period until claims under the agreement become time-barred, unless legal or regulatory requirements require a longer or a shorter retention period.
10. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR USER PERSONAL DATA
You may be entitled to information or additional rights under applicable privacy and data protection law. Nothing in this section provides rights to individuals not entitled to such information or additional rights.
If you are entitled to these rights, we may require proof of such applicability, such as proof of European, California or other residence before responding to any request made under this section.
This listing of any data protection laws in this Section is not an admission that such laws apply to Skippet.
If you have a question or want to exercise these rights, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a data subject under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request us to provide you with further details on the use we make of your User Personal Data;
- the right to access or receive your User Personal Data as processed by us;
- the right to request the update of any inaccuracies in your User Personal Data;
- the right to request the deletion of your User Personal Data;
- the right to request the restriction of processing to specific categories of your User Personal Data;
- the right to withdraw your consent at anytime, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal;
- the right to object, in whole or in part, to the processing of your User Personal Data;
- the right to request the portability of your User Personal Data (i.e., that the User Personal Data you have provided to us be returned to you or transferred to the person of your choice, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format without hindrance from us and subject to your confidentiality obligations); and
- the right to make a complaint to the competent data protection authority.
10.2 US laws
If you are a user subject to the laws of California, you have:
- the right to receive equal services and prices as other consumers, even if exercising these rights herein, such as opting out of the sale of your data for marketing purposes (which we don’t do);
- the right to opt out of or into the sale or sharing of your User Personal Data (which we don’t do) other than to the Subscriber;
- the right to object to the processing of your User Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (we only do this if you voluntarily submit your data on our Website);
- the right to request deletion of your User Personal Data, provided the provision of data is compliant by law;
- the right to get data in an easily accessible format, provided the provision of data is compliant by law and by our contract with the Subscriber; and
- the right to be notified in case of a personal data breach regarding your User Personal Data; and
You should contact us to exercise these rights at +1 (929) 322-9981 and email@example.com.
Any destruction of User Personal Data will be performed in accordance with the California Data Protection Act of 2004 (“CDPA”)(§§1798.80-84 of the Cal. Civ. Code).
Other than the categories of information listed above in Section 1, we do not collect Sensitive Personal Information (as defined in the CDPA) about you.
11. THE USER IS A MINOR
Please note that we will not knowingly collect, use or disclose User Personal Data from a minor under the age of 16 (the “Minor”)without consent given by a person with parental authority over such Minor (the “Parent”). If you are a Minor, please do not use our Services or send us your personal information. We delete personal information that we learn is collected from a minor without verified parental consent. Please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org you believe we might have personal information from or about a minor.
12. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
You agree that the courts of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg have personal jurisdiction over you (including the parent and the student) for any disputes arising hereunder and hereby waive any claims or assertions to the lack of personal jurisdiction or forum non conveniens in the courts of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.